I’m getting this one posted nice and early as I’ve made my mind up already. It looks like Son could be injured for the weekend so I’d be looking to take him out anyway. With Ronaldo now on the radar it makes sense to bring him in as I have the funds to do so. Even if he doesn’t start against Newcastle, I’ll still make this transfer as I think Ronaldo is a good choice as this point longer term.
I can’t see me making any other transfers this weekend so hopefully that will be it for me until the following game week. I say “probably” for this transfer as I won’t make it tonight. It’s worth waiting until tomorrow – if Son isn’t on the bench, we even have the luxury of waiting until we see the Man Utd line up before we put Ronaldo in. If for some reason he doesn’t make the squad (which won’t happen unless he’s injured) we can then reconsider what to do with the transfer.