With the 2019/2020 season now at an end, it’s a great time to look at the highest scoring goalkeepers. This will put us in a better position for next season when it comes to player selection.
1. Pope (Burnley) – 121 points
2. Ederson (Man City) – 116 points
3. Henderson (Sheffield Utd) – 107 points
4. Patricio (Wolves) – 102 points
5. Schmeichel (Leicester) – 100 points
6. De Gea (Man Utd) – 94 points
7. Alisson (Liverpool) – 89 points
8. Guaita (Palace) – 80 points
9. Dubravka (Newcastle) – 77 points
10. Romero (Man Utd) – 70 points
The goalkeeper position is usually a position I really battle with, this year I took a punt on Patricio. He didn’t have a good season previously, however I liked the look of Wolves with extra Europa League fixtures. This paid off massively based on his bargain starting price. This season also seemed to buck the trend of goalkeepers from the big clubs being the only decent point scorers. It was a surprise to see Pope topping the table and Henderson also had a fantastic season. I’d have expected Alisson to finish higher but given his injury early in the season, this would have clearly had an impact on the points he picked up during the campaign as a whole. Looking forward to next season, I’ll almost certainly be searching for another bargain. It will depend on the initial player values but I’ll be interested in keepers from team who are in the Europa League for certain. It’s also worth considering that if you do want to tap into Man City’s defence that Ederson appears to be the only constant, which might make him worth considering as a pick and stick option for the season.
To keep up to date join our mailing list: