With the 2020/2021 well behind us, it’s a great time to look at the highest scoring goalkeepers. This will put us in a better position for next season when it comes to player selection.
1. Mendy (Chelsea) – 159 points
2. Ederson (Man City) – 151 points
3. Martinez (Aston Villa) – 135 points
4. Alisson (Liverpool) – 125 points
5. Leno (Arsenal) – 115 points
6. Pope (Burnley) – 110 points
7. Lloris (Spurs) – 110 points
8. Schmeichel (Leicester) – 102 points
9. Meslier (Leeds) – 93 points
10. De Gea (Man Utd) – 82 points
The goalkeeper position is usually one I really battle with, as they often aren’t the highest point scorers but it can also be difficult to pick up a bargain with the keepers from the bigger clubs being quite expensive. Martinez was a bit of a surprise as I didn’t expect Villa to keep that many clean sheets. I’d have also expected De Gea to be much higher based on the season that Man Utd had.
Looking forward to next season, I’ll almost certainly be searching for a bargain. If we are certain who starts for Man Utd, they could be a good option with fantastic early fixtures. De Gea or Henderson are both only 3m. It’s also worth considering that if you do want to tap into Man City’s defence that Ederson appears to be the only constant, which might make him worth considering as a pick and stick option for the season.